These are crazy times we are living in. During the worldwide Coronavirus outbreak, much of the world has come to a halt. Many of us are quarantined at home, while other essential workers are braving it everyday to help others. (BTW, if you are an essential worker, THANK YOU SO MUCH for everything that you do.) With travel bans in place and events being postponed left and right, many of us are feeling stuck, especially inside.
As someone who's entire lifestyle revolves around traveling, I haven't been on the road after the stay at home order was issued. Prior to this I have been traveling around North America for almost three years now, and this is the first time my trip has come to a halt. With the health of others and myself being my top priority, I won't be out exploring until we are advised it is ok to do so.
Knowing that we're all going to be indoors much more than we planned for the next month or so, it's understandable to feel a bit antsy. Here are some things you can do at home to keep yourself entertained:
- Plan your Jeep build: now is a great time to research those new mods!
- Wrench therapy: install those new parts that have been sitting around or get ahead on some vehicle maintenance.
- Learn a new skill: start a new hobby or learn something new.
- Read that dusty book you've been staring at 👀
- Finish that DIY project you started years ago...
- Escape to the backyard or a safe outdoor space if you can (following all guidelines and social distancing of course)
- Give your Jeep some love: whether you just wash and wax it or get some maintenance done, if you're spending more time at home, now is a good time to get some work out of the way.
- Walk your dog (or your cat - honestly I've seen a few people doing this! 😂)
- Now is a great time to organize your tools, closet, garage, or whatever tragic mess you've been putting off. That includes the back of your Jeep!
- Feeling artsy? Paint or draw something! Adult coloring books are also a great option when you have some downtime.
- Work out: get moving at home to keep yourself fit and focused. Even if you don't have any equipment, you can do lunges, jumping jacks, push ups, and sooo much more, so no excuses!
- Cook a new recipe: get creative and cook with what you have in the pantry and refrigerator, or bake some delicious treats. My go-to is chocolate chip cookies 😋
- Update your music playlists: find some new songs and or listen to new artists.
- Meditate to relax and sooth anxiety. Make this a part of your daily ritual!
- Beat your high score on a video game. Show 'em what you got!
- Kick back and watch some TV: whether you love Hulu, Netflix, or whatever, it's finally time to binge tons of series and movies guilt-free! Go ahead and start a whole series, or two, or three 😂
- For those of you with kids: have an indoor camp out! Create a fort or set up a tent inside and make smores and all your favorite camping snacks. Pro tip: set up christmas lights or battery operated lanterns for the full effect.
- Go for a walk in your neighborhood (check your local/state guidelines first)
- Brainstorm your own! The options are endless.
There are a ton of ways to stay productive and sane while you're spending more time at home. I hope you found some of my suggestions helpful! The most important part is to get creative and have fun with it. Thanks for checking out my blog. I hope you all stay safe and healthy during this time.